- Mohamed Hassan has won the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) ICDH 2021 Research award (3rd place) for the development of an electrically conductive material for wearable electronics (link1, link2). Congratulation Mohamed!
- Reem Khan received the best poster presentation award, at the Sci-Mix poster session at the ACS National Fall Meeting, on August 24th. Congratulation Reem!
- Mohamed Hassan is the recipient of the ECS travel award to the 240th Electrochemical Society’s (ECS) Meeting in October. Congratulation Mohamed!
- Two new graduate students Emily DeVoe and Jehad Abdelnabi joined BIOsem group. Emily and Jehad welcome in Andreescu Lab!
- On July 16th, graduate student Fatima Mustafa successfully defended her PhD thesis: "Development of Easy-to-use Portable Sensors for Smart Packaging and Food Quality Monitoring". Congratulation Dr. Mustafa!
- Three students from the group are the recipients of few awards at national meetings. Mohamed Hassan and Maximilian Card won the graduate and the undergraduate research award at the Eastern Analytical Symposium (EAS) and Exposition (link). Reem Khan has received the American Chemical Society (ACS) graduate student award from the Division of Agricultural Chemistry (AGRO) for her oral presentation at the 2021 Fall ACS National Meeting. (link)
- Dr. Andreescu received the Distinction in Faculty Mentoring for Research and Scholarship Award at Clarkson University.
- Abraham Finny is the recipient of the Outstanding Graduate Student Award at Clarkson. Congratulation Abraham!
- Two new graduate students Aqsa Khan and Oluwatosin Popoola joined BIOsem group. Aqsa and Tosin welcome in Andreescu Lab!